Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get financed anywhere

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't get financed anywhere

Discharged chapter 7 in December. Got my scores in the mid to upper 600s, but cant get approved anywhere. I feel like ive literally tried every option available and still no luck. Does anyone have advice out there? I need something within the next three months, and im starting to get worried im just out of luck.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't get financed anywhere

What are the reasons for denial? Did you go through the dealership or looked for your own financing?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, one thing that you need to remember is it is not just what your score is. You could have a 700 credit score and still get denied for stuff. Any lender will look at your complete credit report. Having the BK discharged just a few months ago could be playing a role in this.

As previously asked, where did you try to get financing through? Have you tried your bank?

Message 3 of 8
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Wells Fargo Financial or carfinance.com
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 4 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

What is your gross income?

How much down payment are you planning to put on this purchase?

A larger down payment after a Bk is typical as it reduces lender risk.  How expensive is the new vehicle you are planning to purchase? What is it worth?

Message 5 of 8
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you go through the dealership or looked for your own financing?

This, did you try to buy through the dealer or are you applying on your own?

Message 6 of 8
Tim_S
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Discharged chapter 7 in December. Got my scores in the mid to upper 600s, but cant get approved anywhere. I feel like ive literally tried every option available and still no luck. Does anyone have advice out there? I need something within the next three months, and im starting to get worried im just out of luck.

Have you already tried the Capital One Auto Navigator to see if you can get approved through them?  I was worried about getting an auto loan and got approved through them for $40,000 at 2.49% financing.

https://ane.capitalone.com/landing?PFFSRCID=S-GG-1234567890K-SEM-0001&referrer_id=31271081722474624946917530204999070518&external_id=COAF_AN_SEM_360i_DV143_ZZZ_ONL-SE_ZZZGO_ZZ_Zg_T_SEM2_AAFA_Z01_106691633404_920742258

Message 7 of 8
6speed8
Regular Contributor

Are there other outstanding issues on your reports ? I was getting finance offers - albeit at a bazillion percent - within a week of my Ch 7 being filed let alone 341 Meeting completed or discharge in June 2015. I got a few credit cards and had them for 10 months before I ran the Capital One pre-approval in late February. Also as stated, how much are you looking for and how much of a down payment ? Stranger things have happened but I doubt a recent bankruptcy is going to make any lender confortable with little or no down payment. My car stickered at $35,000ish. I negotiated it to $27,200 out the door, but even with my $6000 down payment, the Cap One pre-approval of $17,000 wasn't enough. Hyundai Financial looked at the $2500 factory rebate and their $2000 rebate going towards the down payment as a $10,500 down payment. So with finance charges, my total amount financed was $21,000 and they approved me at 4.9% nine months after discharge. 

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.