Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you deny the terms and bank?

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Can you deny the terms and bank?

I've been thinking, when you ask for the dealer to try and finance you. And they get you approved. If you don't like the bank or APR can you deny the loan? What i mean by deny the bank is e.g i don't think/know if i would wanna deal with Ally financial and would prefer someone else. Could they attempt to get you a different lender or can you still walk away.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you deny the terms and bank?

You are totally in the drivers seat when financing a car.  Not only can you decline the terms often times the dealer has marked up the APR by a couple of points so you can negotiate the APR.  Personally I won't go into any dealer any longer without a preapproved loan because dealers frequently exploit financing for anyone that doesnt have tier 1  credit.  Having a preapproval sets a deal for them to beat, most of the time they will want to beat it but if you walk in with nothing what do they have to compare against??  

Message 2 of 4
Appleman
Valued Contributor

You are in control until you sign on the dotted line. Here in Kansas there is no 'cooling off' period for car purchases. If you are not comfortable with the terms, do not sign. 

Message 3 of 4
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Thanks! I might be starting a new job and we are talking about getting another new car from the same dealership later this year. So far we have Chase and are enjoying them. We might try to apply outright with Chase and bring in the loan then. Worst case scenario, i ask dealer to finance and such.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.