cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you fix errors on the auto-enhanced FICO score vs the regular FICO?

tag
jumpinjoe

Can you fix errors on the auto-enhanced FICO score vs the regular FICO?

I just tried to buy a car but was declined.  My FiCO from Equifax is 660.  But when I went to buy a car thier score from Equifax was 573?  Although I have had a bankruptcy 2 1/2 years ago with a reposession  (that I paid in full and purchased the car) I can't understand why the difference? 

However Toyota FC made some errors in there reporting which have been fixed on the regular FICO.  And I had several errors on the regular FICO (purchased here) that have been corrected during the dispute process.

Is there any way to find out if the auto-enhanced FICO  report caontains similar errrors?  And how to challange that report?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can you fix errors on the auto-enhanced FICO score vs the regular FICO?

Some car lenders prefer to use a particular FICO version (e.g. auto-enhenced) and some lenders prefer to use a Classic score like the ones mortgage lenders use (as found on myFICO too). It's totally up to them. The EQ report data providing the Classic score and the auto-enhanced score is exactly the same, but yet leads to different scores as your experienced. It happens that the auto-enhanced tends to weigh your past car-buying experience over other tradelines, whereas the Classic score does not. This explains the score difference.

Any changes to your EQ report, whether by repair or some other means, would impact both scores because it is the exact same report. There isn't two different reports. It's the same report, though the auto-enhanced FICO tends to be more critical with that repo.

There are lenders that use the Classic version over auto-enhanced. Try your local small bank or CU and your odds improve of finding a lender that uses those scores.

Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can you fix errors on the auto-enhanced FICO score vs the regular FICO?

@llecs wrote:

Some car lenders prefer to use a particular FICO version (e.g. auto-enhenced) and some lenders prefer to use a Classic score like the ones mortgage lenders use (as found on myFICO too). It's totally up to them. The EQ report data providing the Classic score and the auto-enhanced score is exactly the same, but yet leads to different scores as your experienced. It happens that the auto-enhanced tends to weigh your past car-buying experience over other tradelines, whereas the Classic score does not. This explains the score difference.

Any changes to your EQ report, whether by repair or some other means, would impact both scores because it is the exact same report. There isn't two different reports. It's the same report, though the auto-enhanced FICO tends to be more critical with that repo.

There are lenders that use the Classic version over auto-enhanced. Try your local small bank or CU and your odds improve of finding a lender that uses those scores.

+ 1

The local CU that handles all my car loans does not use an auto enhanced score.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.