Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you lease 2 cars ?

tag
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

Can you lease 2 cars ?

My moms credit isn't great and I want to get her a new car. When I went to a dealer a few months ago, he told me I shouldn't because I wouldn't be able to get one myself . I have almost 800 scores and around 50 k income. I do have student loans but not other expenses . Was he being truthful or would it be fine ?

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you lease 2 cars ?

My dad has 2 leased cars in his name, both thru GM. Though DTI will play a role in your ability to get 2 for sure.

Message 2 of 4
sccredit
Valued Contributor

As a general rule, yes you can.  It would be no different than having 2 auto loans.  This all assume income, DTI, credit scores are in line.  Sounds like yours are.  Find another dealer.

Message 3 of 4
Ragelog
Established Contributor

Yes you can. Just like you can have 2 auto loans, 2 mortgages etc. DTI and credit score will be the deciding factors. I had 2 auto loans back in the day with no issue.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.