Regular Contributor
my25reasons

Cancel Power train warranty?

Has anyone ever had to cancel their GM powertrain warranty? I need to cancel mine for a refund (1yr old) so that I can refi and then repurchase a new warranty. As it stands, the warranty puts me over the 100% value of the vehicle. Either that, or transfer the overage to a 0% credit card offer. Not sure which is more beneficial.

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Infil

Re: Cancel Power train warranty?

usually those warranties are written into the contract and built into the loan. I know ford has you locked into it for the term of the warranty period or until you trade/sell it in. I would imagine GMAC has the same type of language.

Start:FAKO:TU 507(8/11), EQ 511(8/11), EX 511(8/11)
Current FICO: TU 713(10/12), EQ 704(10/12), EX(auto loan pull)684(10/12)
Goal:760+ across the board
Wallet:Cap1 Secured MC $500, Paypal Extras MC $1500, NFCU $ 17.5k Cabelas Club Visa $6000, PCRichard $3000
Regular Contributor
my25reasons

Re: Cancel Power train warranty?

Thanks. I called the dealership and was able to initiate the cancellation through them. They said it could take up to 30 days to receive the refund. Once I do, I'm going to apply it to my loan balance. I would like to either refi or trade in - and do so SOON.

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+