Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Power train warranty?

tag
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

Cancel Power train warranty?

Has anyone ever had to cancel their GM powertrain warranty? I need to cancel mine for a refund (1yr old) so that I can refi and then repurchase a new warranty. As it stands, the warranty puts me over the 100% value of the vehicle. Either that, or transfer the overage to a 0% credit card offer. Not sure which is more beneficial.

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cancel Power train warranty?

usually those warranties are written into the contract and built into the loan. I know ford has you locked into it for the term of the warranty period or until you trade/sell it in. I would imagine GMAC has the same type of language.

Message 2 of 3
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

Re: Cancel Power train warranty?

Thanks. I called the dealership and was able to initiate the cancellation through them. They said it could take up to 30 days to receive the refund. Once I do, I'm going to apply it to my loan balance. I would like to either refi or trade in - and do so SOON.

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.