Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Auto Loan Grace Period

tag
diphendrix
Established Member

Cap 1 Auto Loan Grace Period

Anyone know what the grace period is or if they even have one? my payment will be 5 days late and i dont want to ding my score and report!! any help would be appreciated.

BK7 Discharge: Feb 2014 Starting Score: 579 Current FICO Score: 656

Goal Score: 660 short | 800+ long Goals Hit: 2 Active Cards: 6

Gardening Since: June 2014 Garden Goal: December 2014

Wish List: Chase Slate | Chase Disney | Discover IT | Barclays NFL Sig
CapOne QuicksilverOne : CL: $300CapOne Classic Platinum : CL: $300CapOne Sony : CL: $500J Crew : CL: $450Express NextVS Angel

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap 1 Auto Loan Grace Period

five days shouldn't be in an issue.  You aren't techinically late until 30 days past that date.

With that said - I'd give them a call if you're gonna know for sure it's gonna be five days late.  They would appreciate it.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:

five days shouldn't be in an issue.  You aren't techinically late until 30 days past that date.

With that said - I'd give them a call if you're gonna know for sure it's gonna be five days late.  They would appreciate it.

This is true from a credit reporting perspective, however Cap1 may still charge a late fee.  You could ask them to waive.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 5
diphendrix
Established Member

thank you for the replies!

BK7 Discharge: Feb 2014 Starting Score: 579 Current FICO Score: 656

Goal Score: 660 short | 800+ long Goals Hit: 2 Active Cards: 6

Gardening Since: June 2014 Garden Goal: December 2014

Wish List: Chase Slate | Chase Disney | Discover IT | Barclays NFL Sig
CapOne QuicksilverOne : CL: $300CapOne Classic Platinum : CL: $300CapOne Sony : CL: $500J Crew : CL: $450Express NextVS Angel

Message 4 of 5
coterotie
Established Contributor

I am assuming you use the Cap1 website.  Your contract  loaded in there will have what the grace period is.  Cap1 standard is 10 days.  It will also have the if paid after this date amount.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.