Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Auto Navigator

tag
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Cap 1 Auto Navigator

I was just wondering have any of u guys noticed this i was bored and just checked the prequal. Before i tell u the rates they quoted let me give u a little history I have perfect payment history have had Cap 1 cards for over 2 years i have 2 paid in full cars on my credit reports i have to  loans now with a Captive lender 2.5% and 0% all 3 fico 08 scores 750+ they quoted me 7-20% they can really be hit or miss.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 Auto Navigator

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

I was just wondering have any of u guys noticed this i was bored and just checked the prequal. Before i tell u the rates they quoted let me give u a little history I have perfect payment history have had Cap 1 cards for over 2 years i have 2 paid in full cars on my credit reports i have to  loans now with a Captive lender 2.5% and 0% all 3 fico 08 scores 750+ they quoted me 7-20% they can really be hit or miss.

This is why you use the credit unions.  Your an NFCU member so honestly there is no reason to mess with Capital One, they are effectively a non-prime lender so their rates are rarely great.  Every once in a while they will give someone a competitive rate but not often.  A couple of years ago early in my rebuild I did a refi with them, they gave me 8.5% 5 days later when I joined NFCU I was preapproved for refinancing so I gave it a shot and they gave me 4.29%.  That and what I have seen since has made it clear to me that regular lenders are not worth dealing with.  Either a captive with a promotion rate like 0% or credit union for me.

Message 2 of 3
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Re: Cap 1 Auto Navigator

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

This is why you use the credit unions.  Your an NFCU member so honestly there is no reason to mess with Capital One, they are effectively a non-prime lender so their rates are rarely great.  Every once in a while they will give someone a competitive rate but not often.  A couple of years ago early in my rebuild I did a refi with them, they gave me 8.5% 5 days later when I joined NFCU I was preapproved for refinancing so I gave it a shot and they gave me 4.29%.  That and what I have seen since has made it clear to me that regular lenders are not worth dealing with.  Either a captive with a promotion rate like 0% or credit union for me.

U are correct i would never use them for a auto loan i was just pointing out they are hit and miss it will always be a capitive or a credit union for me as well.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.