Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 preapproved offers

tag
Carloscda40
Regular Contributor

Cap 1 preapproved offers

I've gotten a few of these over the past several weeks, what are your views on them?

Also does Cap 1 still offer the blanck check program?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ejoshmo
Established Member

Re: Cap 1 preapproved offers

Yes, I was just accepted for one and am going through the verification process now.  With a 635 TU and 637 EQ making 54K, I was accepted for 36K at 7%.  Not too shabby.

Message 2 of 5
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

what is the verification process?

Message 3 of 5
curlylox777
Established Member

If you dont mind answering a couple questions, i'd greatly appreciate it. I'm looking to buy new soon and my scores are 661-681. I figured since on surface , we seem to have similar scores......I wanted to know if you have a previous auto loan on your credit reports? My current auto loan reflects only on my experian report.

Also, do you have long credit history?I have a short history ( oldest acct 4 yrs)

I am also looking into applying at Cap 1 as I always am receiving pre-approved auto loans....just trying to get an idea if i'll be approved.

thanks!!!!

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I used Capital one back in 07 and was declined Cap1 but approved Road Loans which was their (bad credit) company... approved for 25k at 9%... can't even begin to tell you the debt I had back then but also a little different credit market.  But I would say apply and have that in your back pocket but let the dealership try to beat it especially if you are buying new, I think most companies have special APR's

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.