Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Auto online app

tag
Caliche
Valued Member

Cap One Auto online app

Just applied online with cap one for auto loan and got a 24 hour message.  I had to specify new or used and input a requested loan amount.  I was a little confused because basically I have some vehicles in mind but it all depends on if and how much they would be willing to loan based on my credit report and income.  I requested 30k for a new vehicle.  If they find that amount unacceptable will they come back and say that amount is a no go but we would willing to loan you "x" amount?  I make 70k and have an installment loan for an rv with a 13k balance and no other debt.  I have a charge off from 06 that I paid in full,  a 120 late on a cc that i settled in 09.  No late payments in 2 and a half years, no collections, no public records.  I guess I will call tomorrow and try and get some info.  I provided basic info but any guessed on what I might be approved for?  Thanks

Starting Score: 621
Current Score: EQ700 TU 724
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Caliche
Valued Member

Re: Cap One Auto online app

When I entered that requested loan amount I was just thinking of ballpark truck values.  I have a 2001 tahoe that's paided off and about 5k in cash that I would be willing to put down....probably info that would be useful to cap one.

Starting Score: 621
Current Score: EQ700 TU 724
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Auto online app

unless you have a 730+ score, outstanding income and low/no debt, it's a bad idea to just punch ball park figures into any type of a loan request.

Request 40k and get denied when honestly youonly needed 25K and you are now in the recon world.

You really should only request when you have an idea exactly what you want and can afford.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.