Established Member
thomcoogan

Cap One / Chase Denied.... Does it help to follow up?

Hello, 

Currently trying to get out of a 19% auto loan / gas guzzler....

I was just denied online by Cap One's blank check and chase for a $25k auto loan.  

My fico is 624, 1 year on time payments on current Chase auto loan, 1 year on time cap one cc, and my wife is co-signing, don't know exact fico, but has 2.5 years on time Honda finance auto payments and 1 year on time wells fargo credit card ($1200 limit).  Our incomes are around $45-50k/year each.

She has a short credit history (auto loan is her first use of credit, ever, in 2011) but I still figured with her co-signing it would be easier to be approved, and I also figured becuase I have good standing with Chase and Cap One it would benefit us, but it hasn't.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if its possible to follow up with a call or email?  Much success if so?

The wife is hesitant to apply any more places besides a possible refi through cap one..

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Frequent Contributor
sghosh5

Re: Cap One / Chase Denied.... Does it help to follow up?

It is probably the banks are thinking your income is not enough to have 2 big loans at the same time. How much is your other car loan?

Starting Score: EQ: 499
Current Score: EX: 680, EQ: 631, TU: 672
CHASE Freedom: 1K, CHASE Sapphire: 5K, Barclay Arrival+: 5K, CapOne: 3K,CapOne: $3K, AMEX BCE: 3.9K, AMEX BCE: 1K, AMEX Green, AMEX PRG, Discover: 5.7K, DISCOVER IT: 2K, CITI Diamond:2.8K, Southwest Premier: 2K, Express:1.1K, Paypal: 3.6K, Amazon: 2.5K, Macys: 7.6K, Walmart: 1.5K, BestBuy: 1.5K, Lowes: 1.5K
Established Member
thomcoogan

Hers was for $11k with $10k cash down, $7k still owed, mine was for $18k, still owe $14k but that car will be traded in for the new one.
Regular Contributor
TATATA

thomcoogan wrote:

Hello, 

I was just denied online by Cap One's blank check and chase for a $25k auto loan.  

My fico is 624, 1 year on time payments on current Chase auto loan, 1 year on time cap one cc, and my wife is co-signing, don't know exact fico, but has 2.5 years on time Honda finance auto payments and 1 year on time wells fargo credit card ($1200 limit).  Our incomes are around $45-50k/year each.

She has a short credit history (auto loan is her first use of credit, ever, in 2011) but I still figured with her co-signing it would be easier to be approved, and I also figured becuase I have good standing with Chase and Cap One it would benefit us, but it hasn't.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if its possible to follow up with a call or email?  Much success if so?

The wife is hesitant to apply any more places besides a possible refi through cap one..

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Try a credit union instead. I'm sure you'll see different results. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Established Contributor
SamsungHDTV

what were the decline reasons?

I'm a personal banker and do a lot of auto loans serving the Houston area.
I suggest first time car buyers to read the sticky guide in the auto loan section.
I try to check these forums often, but if I missed your post, please feel free to message me with a link to it.
Frequent Contributor
lajntx

thomcoogan wrote:

Hello, 

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Online aps like that are either PASS/FAIL. If you failed in just one criteria - no matter how small, then the computer will deny you and send you a canned response listing reasons A,E,I,O,U & sometimes Y. :smileyhappy:

After reading the other details, I`m willing to bet a dealership with the car you want could get you financed with one of their lenders --- Including Chase & Capital One if they do business with them.

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
rich092201

[ Edited ]

Go to the dealerships, online apps don't take in to account any trade or any possible negative equity.

Rich

Hi Rich, I edited you post to remove your email address.  Personal information is prohibited on the forums.

Thank you  -  Guiness56  myFICO Moderator

Established Member
thomcoogan

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Fingers crossed.
Established Member
thomcoogan

Holy cheese n crackers, approved 4.9% no money down.  Basically paying the same payment I was before, but now on a brand new car with 32 miles.  

1 year ago, 540 FICO - 19.5% 

Today, 620 FICO (with 710 FICO wife co-signing) 4.9%  

Honestly cannot believe it, especially after being denied twice online.  

Hooray!

Established Contributor
tonyjones

Where did you apply?

Gardening from July 2014 ... to September 2016

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}