Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one auto navigator or ford credit? Need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one auto navigator or ford credit? Need advice

So been looking for a new truck,  figured I would try to prequalify since my credit score not that great exp 608 transunion 620. I  got preapproval from cap one auto navigator for for 4.72-13.99% apr.  The truck I am looking at on cap one navigator is showing rate of 5.52% for new car.  Is that good?  does the capital one come in right at what navigator says is the rate for that vehicle or does it come out high?

I tried to prequalify with Ford credit as well as both my 2 previous vehicles have been fiananced therough them(paid off both early no late payments),  but decision said to visit the dealer and rate would  be based on down payment,  amount fiananced etc. Got the same when i bought my last truck and ford gave me 9.9 and my score was much worse( low 500s back in 2010)  I am looking at vehicle price of 22672  and that is after trade(no negative equity and 3000 cash down).  Price has ben negotiated and all i need to do is talk with finance guy, 

Should i even have the dealer explore the ford credit or just run with the cap one? The sales guy was trying to tell me the fianance guy can get me better rate,  but with my scores i feel 5.52% is gonna be the best i can do.   Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap one auto navigator or ford credit? Need advice

Cap1 pre-approvals are normally solid, especially if you put in a specific truck. I know that Ford can offer better rates, but maybe not with your scores. I would personally go with the Cap1 approval, unless the finance guy can guarantee to beat it. You know your scores and can use that when talking to them without necessarily having them do a HP
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ford credit did a hard pull already and said they would determine everything based on down payment and fianced amount and trade,. I had a similar instance when purchasing my last truck the rate they gave wasn't stellar 9.9 and could have been worse between trade and down payment I'm gonna have 5k more than previous, so hoping that will help in their decision not to mention my previous loyalty to fmcc as every vehicle I've own has been financed through them
Message 3 of 4
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

Tried any credit unions?
Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.