cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto - Did your rate change?

tag
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

Capital One Auto - Did your rate change?

Hi, all.  I was just curious for those of you that have been pre-qualified through Capital One on their website and have been given an APR range - when you actually went to purchase a vehicle, did your rate increase?  Thanks in advance!

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto - Did your rate change?

I have purchased new car in the weekend. My scores aren't great and my auto enhanced scores are worse (less by 20 points on all CRB's due to a auto loan chargeoff 6 years ago still showing in my report). I was preapproved from Capitalone for upto $35,000 and apr range 6.95% to 14.61% that depends on the car I purchase I think. I went to the Audi dealer to purchase a new Q5 with approval of 6.95% rate and upto 35,000. The finance guy at dealership submitted my scores to 3 other lenders including capitalone to beat this rate. Surprisingly he came to me saying capitalone beat their own rate and the new apr is now 5.02%. No one else could beat this rate. I was happy and drove the car home. The score he showed me was 602 TU. I'll plan on refinancing next year when my scores are improved and the chargeoff falls off. Hope this helps someone.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.