Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Finance Pre Approval Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto Finance Pre Approval Letter

I received one of these letters in the mail.  I have been a Capital One credit card holder since 2006. 

It says I'm preapproved up to $30k and that the rate is fixed.  It just says go to the dealer with my pay stub and a utility bill.

I called the number and the guy told me it's a non-credit app required pre-approval.  I don't want a hard pull on my credit report.  I know my scores are in the upper 500s (due to some errors that are in the process of getting fixed).  He says they put in my income along with my preapproval code in their system and it tells me what I'm qualified for.  I don't want a high interest rate and I'm sure it will be that.

Has anyone else gone through this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rayzah
Established Member

Re: Capital One Auto Finance Pre Approval Letter

They did that to me, but it was for Eastern motors and when I got there they ran my credit anyway and said I was only approved for 15K with a 1500 down payment.

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 581
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
erniec48
New Visitor

I was sent a voucher that pre-approved me for a sale event i have a personal approval code: 113107540 and i truly need a car for work  my other car i had blew an engine so please give me a chance i will make all my payments on time and if i could get a Nissan Altima, or maxima, or even an impala, or malibu i would really appreciate. Yhank You

Message 3 of 6
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@erniec48 wrote:

I was sent a voucher that pre-approved me for a sale event i have a personal approval code: 113107540 and i truly need a car for work  my other car i had blew an engine so please give me a chance i will make all my payments on time and if i could get a Nissan Altima, or maxima, or even an impala, or malibu i would really appreciate. Yhank You

Not sure who you trying to send this to but this is not Capital One. 

Message 4 of 6
chocolate27
New Visitor

Message 5 of 6
chocolate27
New Visitor

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.