Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Finance

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Capital One Auto Finance

Hello my fellow ficoers. I just have a few question about capital one and auto loans.

First. Im trying to figure out if they are anti self employed. im not sure.

History. last year i applied for a loan thru them. Cold apped. and they instant denied. The #1 reason on the denial letter was. applicant is self employed.

Beleive it or not. a month later. i started getting pre approved letters from capital one. up to $35.000 Which i was not interested after that.

spring foward to this year.

I went to their pre approval site which i was not willing to let them do any hard pulls. as they got me for 3 last year.

They stated i could not be pre approved.

This time. in the letter i got today. was. #1. applicant is self employed.

Too many inquiries in the last 12 months. and

too many accounts with balances. also. last recent account is too new.

ok. i can accept that. but right after i did the pre approval app. now im getting letters again saying to apply. in my mind. To hell with cap one. Im just wondering did anyone else experience this.

Also. looks like they are using old auto version of score.

they said my EQ was 663. Which i know its 701. so i went to fico to look at old version. Which my fico 5 is 663  previous version. However scoring range is different. than what cap one lists. 250-843/ I don't see that below on my fico. so i dont know what they are using. Note. These auto scores are based solely off of Equifax.

The other two bureaus are much highereqautoscores.PNG

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto Finance

I wasn't pre approved, applied, and got 1.99 on a new purchase.

Message 2 of 3
debts
Valued Member

Re: Capital One Auto Finance

My cap1 auto finance was APPROVED subject to income tax /W-2/PAYSTUB documentation. I use sch C and do not report much income anyways.

I was approved at 6.9%-11.4% after document submissions.

Went straight to dealership and got what i wanted.

My Scores
6/18/15

TU: 678
EQ: 640
EX: 639
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.