Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Finance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto Finance

First, I just want to say this was the easiest way I have ever bought a car. About 6 months ago, I was in the market for a new (used) car. I was tired of going to dealers and being bamboozled, so I searched high and low for an easier way to buy a car with the best rate. I ended up with CapOne using their AutoNavigator tool; which is by far the easiest to use. Found the car I wanted for an acceptable APR and max $, walked in to the dealer with CapOne information printed out and walked out with the car I wanted. Just another success story here with CapOne.

Do you think it would be good to refinance 6 months into the loan? I have been paying way ahead of my due dates with additional principle payments, so I am already 4 months ahead of payoff than the loan term. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Auto Finance

CONGRATS!!!!  I too did the pre-approve with Capital One. However, the dealership was able to get a deal done with the local credit union here. As for re-finance...depend on your interest rate. I will be refinancing in 12 months (rate is at 6.49 77 months), with USAA.  Otherwise, it's a toss up.

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 2 of 6
Tim_S
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!  I also used CapOne Auto Navigator and it was the easiest  process I've ever been through with purchasing a car.  Got approved for my brand new Impala LTZ at 2.99% and the dealer couldn't beat it.  I can't say enough good things about CapOne auto loans!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your Capital One success!!

Good luck to you all.

As for the refinance 6 months in.  Well, they don't really care when you do it.  You can refinance 2 days into a new auto loan if you want.

Totally up toyou!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the kudos and nice words.

Update to the refi... Capital One does not refinance their own auto loans... Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for all the kudos and nice words.

Update to the refi... Capital One does not refinance their own auto loans... Smiley Sad

Yeah no lender does that to my knowledge with auto loans heh.

Auto lending money is made in interest, mortgages it's mostly in origination which is why they're different in this regard.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.