Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Financing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto Financing

Hey forum friends, i am here feeling good with my truck this afternoon. So i took Capital One Pre-qualified letter to a dealeship yesterday and drove away with a 2016 Toyota Tacoma truck. The process was suprisingly painless and would recommend it to anyone except for the APR which i think was a little too high with respect to my scores. These are the data points, (FICO 8 EX 742, EQ 724, TU 757)  no baddies and still got 3.89%. Capital One pulled all three bureaus which was also suprise. I thought they do a single pull for auto loan purpose. Another thing was i told the salesman at the dealership that i do not want him running my credit through other financing companies since i already had my pre-qualification letter, but also saw CREDCO on my EQ file this morning. I called him this morning to ask what did he do with my information  and he said they have to do it for some security reason and furthermore all dealerships are require to pull your credit through a third party before submitting it to your lender. I told him that i strongly disagree with his statement, but the joy of having a new car overshadow all my anger.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto Financing

Congratulations! That's a bummer about the extra Credco EQ pull. I wonder if Cap1 uses the Auto versions of FICO? I think they take into account any prior auto loan history. Maybe that's why your APR seems high for your FICO 8 scores.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.