Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Loan and 603 FICO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto Loan and 603 FICO?

Hello all!

So I have got pre-qualified for an auto loan through Cap One, for 20K something, I do have collections from the past which I have paid. My question is even though I'm pre-qualified with Cap One do I even have a chance with getting approved through the dealership with Cap One? I'm looking for car around 11-12K. I don't want to have to have a co-signer. I do have two credit cards, ones with a secured balance of 500 and one unsecured with a 300 dollar limit both through Cap One.

Thanks

Alex

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Miner
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Auto Loan and 603 FICO?

My experian FICO score (which the lender used) wasn't much better than yours in November and I had no problem getting a loan (though my auto enhanced scores are better than my normal fico8 scores).  I had 2 chargeoffs and a related collection (all paid).  One of the charge offs was for Cap1 that I only paid off 2 months earlier so I had late payments up to that date.  Though the date they first went bad means all the chargeoffs will off my credit report in less than 12 months.  My only opened credit lines are 2 secured $500 credit cards I opened in September.  But I had no debt and had the money to put down a decent down payment.

Despite the previous chargeoff with them (but maybe because I eventually paid it), Cap1 still gave me a pretty decent pre-approval offer but I didn't end up going with Cap1 as I was having difficulty providing a proof of residency that they would accept; was told it had to be a utility bill (none in my name) as a cell bill or financial statement wasn't good enough for some reason after I had submitted them.  Chase Bank that the dealer tried had no problem with using my Cell Bill and gave me a similar rate (though slightly higher).  I'd say you are fine with getting final approval from Capital 1 if you don't have anything change on your credit report.  Make sure your credit cards are paid down under 9% (less % would be even better) and reported first, to maximize your credit score, when you do the real application.  

Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto Loan and 603 FICO?

Please post what your credit balance is on EACH CARD individually.  It may help boost your scores before applying.

Also post what INSTALLMENT LOANS you have right now that are open with a balance.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.