Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Loan?

tag
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Auto Loan?

Has anybody used them before? I received a pre-approval in the mail for 30K auto loan, I have 1 credit card with them, which they just gave me a 1k CLI, but  never received anything like this before...I've casually been looking for second car for around 5K or less. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Auto Loan?

With Cap One you have to buy from a franchise dealer (no private party). Further they have restrictions on how old + how many miles the car can be/have. I think you'd have a hard time finding any car selling for 5k that meets Cap One's requirements.

What's your FICO and what bureau? DCU tends to have looser requirements on how old/how many miles the car needs to have.  Generally they don't deal with below 620 FICOs though.

Message 2 of 3
Tksjmommy

Re: Capital One Auto Loan?

You also can not be self employed. They sent me the same type of letter in March, when I went to the dealership ...DENIED I took 11 hits looking for an auto loan ugghh. Ended up with a high interest rate 2000 down and close to 17000 loan ugh. I am actually happy that it was even approved but not with Cap 1

On the road to credit recovery! MY FICO Scores
03/06/2014 Ex 624 EQ 576 TU 599
02/13/2015 EX 605 EQ 603 TU 605
Mortgage lender pulls on 2/6/2015
TU 660 EX623 EQ 597
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.