Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Navigator Pre Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto Navigator Pre Approval

Great!!  Thank you!!  You have given me hope!!  I didn't think anyone would finance me with a 654 FICO.

Message 11 of 32
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Great!!  Thank you!!  You have given me hope!!  I didn't think anyone would finance me with a 654 FICO.

654 isn't too bad when buying a car.  As long as you've got the income to support it.  

Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really??  Well, that is good news.  My salary is $65,000 and my DTI is currently 15%.  I am looking at a $26,000 car with $2,000 down.  Does that sound doable?

Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should add I haven't had a car loan in over 15 years.

Message 14 of 32
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Really??  Well, that is good news.  My salary is $65,000 and my DTI is currently 15%.  I am looking at a $26,000 car with $2,000 down.  Does that sound doable?

I'm pretty sure just about anyone can get that done.  What are you looking to get?  Do you have a trade?

Message 15 of 32
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I should add I haven't had a car loan in over 15 years.

One big reason people with lower scores can't get approved is negative equity.  So that's not an issue here.  

Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm looking at the new Honda HRV.  No trade in.  I have a 2015 Chevy Equinox.  It is a mess.  Probably just going to junk it.

Message 17 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am retired and on a fixed income. I maybe make 20k a year.  My debt/income is about 25ish.  The one thing I had in my favor was being a long time Cap 1 customer with a history of on time pymts. In fact maybe a month ago, I paid my balance down to zero. If cap 1 has pre-approved you, you are good to go. Unles the dealer can beat their rates, go with Cap 1.

My old car was a 98 so it's been a long time since I had a car loan but it was paid in full on titme. 

Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate your advice!!  Wish me luck!!!!

Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I learned most of this on this board. I'm just paying it forward.

This is the letter I used. I researched what specifics I wanted and then found 4 dealers with cars in my price range/specifics. I made sure they were on Cap 1's list and then when I was ready, sent my emails. The first person that replied with a workable over in the email was the one I went with. Because I had the pre-approval printed out and the emails I was able to negotiate a deal I was happy with. I also did the trial offer on Transunion (I think it is) so I got a peek at my credit cores. Just cancel it wwithin 65 days so you don't get charged. The dealer couldn't surprise me because I had finncaning and new what was on my credit report. I was also fully prepared to walk if they would not honor the pre-approval.

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.