Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Navigator

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto Navigator

Hi I new to the forum and new to the Navigator. I just wanted to know about some of its features. Particularly the price adjustment. Now I wanted to know if I'm interested with a car that's priced at $20,000 but I adjust it to 18,000 will it stand? Or is it up to the dealer to accept the price?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto Navigator

You negotiate the price with the dealer ... capital one doesn't set the vehicle prices. If you are talking about the loan amount they offered you, if you ask for a lower figure you'll most likely be approved however just note that the capital one auto navigator isn't a guaranteed approval. Still need to get your actual credit pulled by them.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto Navigator

Capital One's Navigator will give you an amount that they will finance for. Putting in a lower amount may change your odds of if they will approve you, but I would put in for the larger amount that you would be approved for unless you find a specific car you like through their tool. Having a larger amount will give you more options.

Taking your own financing will help a ton, just make sure you let the dealer know that you have your own approval already and that you DO NOT want them to pull your credit. Having an approval from Capital One is not a guarantee, but from what I've seen on here and through personal experience, there normally is not a problem with them not actually approving the terms from a pre-approval

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.