Matth1669

Capital One Auto Refinance

I was thinking of refinancing my auto loan with Capital One and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them??  (Good or Bad).

Thank You

Contributor
Eiso

Re: Capital One Auto Refinance

Tell us more about your situation so we can better help you!
-----------------------------------------------------
FICO pulled by loan officer on 8/3/2009
EQ: 724
EX: 740
TU: 742
Senior Contributor
txjohn

[ Edited ]

My brother and his wife used CapOne to buy a pickup a couple months ago.....seemed to go okay.  However, they purchased pre-owned 2006 and rate was 7.75.

PenFed offered to refi for 3.99 so you may want to look at a CU for better rates.  Alliant offered me a 4.69 and PenFed 3.99. 

I think CapOne is offering "as low as 4.79" for new, but used will be higher.  And I don't know how often they actually grant the "as low as" rate. 

From a loan qualification, speed and convenience, CapOne seems pretty easy to work with.

Message Edited by txjohn on 03-31-2009 04:21 AM

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Regular Contributor
phxwilson

I had a Cap1 loan refinanced through a CU and my rate went from 10.35% to 4.15%.  My scores were around 620 when I purchased and 660 when I refinanced.  Shop around for the best rate.  Be prepared to pay for the negative equity, though.  It is SHOCKING how quickly you get under water when your rate is above 10%.
Established Contributor
Takunda1

cliffdodger wrote:

Is it just me or does capital one seem to like loaning to those with lower credit scores? (but at higher rates)  Maybe they're trying to tap a market other companies don't want to touch.

Your observation is correct. Capital One Auto is in the subprime auto business not so great but not so bad credit . Thats where the money is. 
Regular Contributor
Romeoo47

My experience with Capital One Auto Finance was good.  I applied online and was approved  for the amount requested and received the blank check within a few days.  The rate was a little high at something like 9.79% for a used auto.  I kept the loan for about 10 months and refinanced at 3.49% from my credit union a year ago.  It is a fairly painless process but like others have mentioned I would definitely shop around for a lower rate.  The only issue with shopping around is the credit inquiries.  I would suggest printing off a copy of your credit report and getting your FICO scores and take it to a few banks/dealership and see what they can offer you.  Don't allow them to pull your credit until you decide to finance through them.  Good luck!
New Visitor
gstull

I am having problems with Capital one this is the first time I have received bad customer service from them

I have been a past customer of theirs before with no problems and the loan was paid off in full till now.

I recently submitted a request for a loan in which I have a fico score of 700 and above rating.

I was given some lame excuse or reason why they could not give me a loan was that I have a mortgage and the other reason

was the time I have had my mortgage but when I sent them a letter for an explanation I got the run around and they informed

me that there was no real reason behind not giving me a loan not sure why since mostly everyone has a mortgage and I have had this mortgage for about 5 years now in good standing and I have a copy of my credit report and nothing shows up to give anyone a reason not to give the loan.

It must be I have a perfect credit rating with no late payments that I cannot get the loan go figure.

but at least there should be some one to respond to I have tried several times through email and regular mail and a phone call

to the customer support line and still having problems to get to talk to a live person on the line. Why are they turning away perfect loyal customers for a loan I really don't get it ??

Established Contributor
voidman

gstull wrote:

I am having problems with Capital one this is the first time I have received bad customer service from them

I have been a past customer of theirs before with no problems and the loan was paid off in full till now.

I recently submitted a request for a loan in which I have a fico score of 700 and above rating.

I was given some lame excuse or reason why they could not give me a loan was that I have a mortgage and the other reason

was the time I have had my mortgage but when I sent them a letter for an explanation I got the run around and they informed

me that there was no real reason behind not giving me a loan not sure why since mostly everyone has a mortgage and I have had this mortgage for about 5 years now in good standing and I have a copy of my credit report and nothing shows up to give anyone a reason not to give the loan.

It must be I have a perfect credit rating with no late payments that I cannot get the loan go figure.

but at least there should be some one to respond to I have tried several times through email and regular mail and a phone call

to the customer support line and still having problems to get to talk to a live person on the line. Why are they turning away perfect loyal customers for a loan I really don't get it ??

you should try another lender.

-void

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+