Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto - opinions/experiences

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto - opinions/experiences

So, while awaiting a chapter 13 discharge, I rate shopped and was denied by COAF...that was 3/6...now that I'm officially discharged, should I try again? Only reason given in my denial letter was "presence of a bankruptcy'...just not sure if I want to get burned again...
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guydiver
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Auto - opinions/experiences

How does it show on your reports? 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it doesn't show as 'discharged'...it shows my filing for the public record, and my accounts (included in the bk) all show IIB and zero balance.  Popular belief is that Cap 1 uses LexusNexis for public record info, I just don't know how long they take to update their info, or if it's instant once the discharge shows through the court records...

Message 3 of 6
flan
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, it doesn't show as 'discharged'...it shows my filing for the public record, and my accounts (included in the bk) all show IIB and zero balance.  Popular belief is that Cap 1 uses LexusNexis for public record info, I just don't know how long they take to update their info, or if it's instant once the discharge shows through the court records...

Lexus/Nexis gets updates on a constant basis, a bankruptcy will show up pretty quick, becaues federal courts have decent electronic records, and L/N customers think bankruptcy is important...

Message 4 of 6
guydiver
Established Contributor

Sounds to me like they want it to be discharged.  Just me and IMHO,  but I wouldn't get too trigger happy until it does.  Pretty sure that goes for most lenders too.

Message 5 of 6
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@guydiver wrote:

Sounds to me like they want it to be discharged.  Just me and IMHO,  but I wouldn't get too trigger happy until it does.  Pretty sure that goes for most lenders too.

It most certainly does.

I went car shopping within a few days of my discharge back in 2013... and every single one of my denials/conditional approvals said that proof of discharge must be supplied.

Wait till your reports are updated.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.