Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto

Capital One approved me for a loan up to $29,500 but didn't ask for any documents. When I go pick a truck this week will the dealer require me to provide any documents?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto

@Anonymous wrote:
Capital One approved me for a loan up to $29,500 but didn't ask for any documents. When I go pick a truck this week will the dealer require me to provide any documents?

Based on other threads I have read, it looks like the only supporting documents will need to verify would be income, place and length of time on the job.  I would imagine they need this to verify what you provide them to what cap1 have for their records since they'll be sending the title to them.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

I can't answer your initial question (and hopefully someone else can and will have more insight) but I read that with Capital One you are only allowed to go through one of their dealers and they will make you fill out a credit app there as well and pull your credit again so I guess there would be a chance that they ask for documents but I honestly don't know and hopefully someone will know

Congrats on the auto loan tho!!!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know with my experience I went through my credit union and was overnighted a draft check that I could take to any dealer. I picked out my car and put $1500 down and put the rest on the draft check. The dealership didn't make me fill out a credit app and never pulled my credit. They never even asked me my social! They also never asked for any documents but like I said I did read Cap One is a little different you have to go to one of their dealerships and have to basically apply again while at the dealership so the dealership can get your paperwork and they no longer send draft checks.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my car using the old blank check model.  It was as simple as could be.  I was in and out of the dealership in about 45 minutes.  IMO their new plan to have the dealer run credit will cost them business.  The dealers will start offering credit worthy buyers a slightly lower APR than Cap 1 and steal the deal.

Message 5 of 10
martooney

From my past experience with Capital One, when you received your approval email they would have stated to go online and upload your ID and Pay stubs.

Message 6 of 10
speedcredit4

They didn't request any from me.  The email about your acceptance should let you know of any items that need verification. 

First Niagara MC $500| Cap1 QS1 $1,000| Cap1 QS MC $1750|
Merrick Bank $1,250| Express $1,450| Victoria Secret $2,150|
J Crew $4,850| Walmart $4,000| Discover It $3,500| Chase Freedom $1,500| Citi Simplicity $900|
Cap1 Venture $10,000| Cap1 QS Visa $3,000
Ficos: Tu-688 / Eq-688 / Ex-642
Message 7 of 10
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

I just received for for up to 35,000 but it is through Mazda and I am  to a big fan of Mazda. It does state to bring the last two pay stubs and utility bills and that my I come must be over 1,800 a month. I do substituted teaching and contract after school teaching so in some instances  I have pay stubs and others I do not. So, I am wondering how to proved contracted employment right now For when I decide to refinance.

Starting Scores (5/2014): EQ 569, TU 601, EX 589
Current Scores (07/08/2015): EQ 640, TU 640, EX 654
Goal (12/2015): 700 across the board
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got that pre-approval to from Capital One in the mail today. It states I am pre approved for up to $35,000 and gives a name of a local delaership they partner with. It also states on it to bring pay stubs and a recent phone bill. It also states it's only good for 30 days.
Message 9 of 10
guydiver
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Greg90.  Welcome to the forums.  Did you get your truck yet?  Please post in the auto approvals thread when you can.  We would love to see the details of your new ride!  Pics optional but very appreciated.  Smiley Very Happy

'diver

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.