Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Blank Check LTV exceeded by dealer

tag
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Blank Check LTV exceeded by dealer

Hey everyone,

I purchased a new car Monday using my capital one blank check, in which the max LTV that could be used was 110% of the NADA clean trade. The dealer worked the numbers to confirm the numbers and paperwork. Fast forward to this morning, I get a call from cap one advising that the vehicle evaluation that was sent over was incorrect, and the amount I wrote the check for was 700.00 more than the true max LTV.

I asked them what happens now, and they advised the dealer should work with me. I feel since it's not my error(they sent over two vehicle evals, one in error that had a higher NADA retail than the right one) I wont be paying that difference. If they dont want to eat that the car I bought can be returned.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Blank Check LTV exceeded by dealer

I've never experienced this but possibly the dealer added in a whole lot of padding. If you purchased additional products like GAP or warranties, remember that they  have about a 100% mark up. So if I were you I would talk to the dealer and say if they cannot lower it, you cannot obtain financing, and therefore have to return the car. I think they will most likely bring down the price to fit the 110% LTV.

Message 2 of 3
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Blank Check LTV exceeded by dealer

just an update - so the dealer did end up dropping the price below the LTV, although it wasnt an easy convo. They attempted to get me to finance through them, so wouldn't have to.

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.