Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Blank Check - mixed reviews

tag
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Blank Check - mixed reviews

Has anyone had one of them and used them?  I'm seeing lots of negative reviews on them.

Starting Score: 584TU / 580EQ
Current Score: 670 TU / 680EQ
Goal Score: 720 TU / 720 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One Blank Check - mixed reviews

it's just like any other credit product you will have some that hate it and some that don't.

I used it and had no problems until the account was sold to Santander and it was reported wrong, but Santander was quick to work on fixing the problem.

I bought a car through Carmax and was actually approved through Santander again.

Interest rate not always the best but certainly doesn't hurt to go into dealership with your cap 1 check and let the dealership shop around a bit and see if they can beat rate otherwise write the check and off you go!

Message 2 of 11
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

Thanks C.A.!!

I'm actually gonna buy mine from Carmax, did you need a downpayment?  I'm buying a new car and they said I'm within the 110% of dealer invoice.

THANKS!!!!!!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

1- You do not need to spawn new threads for every comment that takes place on a subject covered on an old thread. it allows us the people participating to see your WHOLE STORY.

2- many places/institutions/whatever have many "unfavorable" reviews, as people are more apt to complain about a problem and not bring up the other 34 times they used the service and everything went awesome.

You should always take that into account. My god there are people that leve bad reviews fro products purchased on Amazon wher eth product was perfect, Amazon just dropped the ball.

3- You have never explained why you need a SUV with $4.00+ gas. 

Message 4 of 11
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

usmc, you seem to have something against me... why do you constantly troll my threads and bash me?  And when I see a site like "www.epinions.com" bashing capital one with 32/35 reviews being a 1 or 2 out of 5, I'm gonna make a thread about it.  Thirdly, it's my business what I do with my money and if i want to pay for an SUV then I think it's my perrogative.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I gotta to agree with the OP here, USMC. I've read a lot
of your posts and you are a great contributor however I think you should limit your opinion to what the OP is asking about Cap1. Whatever he does with his money is his decision. He shouldnt be heckled for it. Heck I just bought a range rover 2 weeks ago. I love the SUV and despite the crazy gas prices, I live only 10 minutes from the office - so $4 gas won't deter me or anyone who desires an SUV.
Message 6 of 11
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

Thank You!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I gotta to agree with the OP here, USMC. I've read a lot
of your posts and you are a great contributor however I think you should limit your opinion to what the OP is asking about Cap1. Whatever he does with his money is his decision. He shouldnt be heckled for it. Heck I just bought a range rover 2 weeks ago. I love the SUV and despite the crazy gas prices, I live only 10 minutes from the office - so $4 gas won't deter me or anyone who desires an SUV.

This is a public forum. No one pays me. If someone has had enough credit problems that they need to come here for advice I think I (and many others do as well) should be able to ask whatever questions we want- first to clarify the situation and see if there are things that are being omitted/forgotten/or neglected in the situation.

And also most of the participants in this forum who answer questions come from a past of poor money/credit/buying decisions. People do not for the most part find this forum with 850 credit scores, $387,000 yearly income. And, I think every one has a right to ask and participate in what they want, as long as no one is violating the TOS, being a total jerk, or advising someone to commit fraud or break the law in other ways.

But asking someone a difficult question, or even telling someone what they do not want to hear is not being a bad person.

If you want targeted question only answer advice, then call a financial planner and pay for it.

If my questions annoy you, maybe there is a reason. 

Most people do not need $30,000+ SUVS. So most people buying one is not a good idea. There is no onus on me to be a mindless cheerleader. How hard is it to justify your purchase in a public internet forum to people you do not know. If you cannot- maybe there is an issue.

I asked a simple question: do you really need a SUV with $4.00 gas? You can answer it, ignore it, or give a reason (yes 3 kids, or yes 3 dogs, or I just want it). If you can't answer it, maybe you really can't answer it. And if you have a hard time looking at your decision maybe it is not a good one.

If more people bought the cars they needed (or cbought the stuff in general they needed), not the cars they wanted, many would simply not have money problems- at all.

You, yourself, live 10 minutes from you office, and bought a SUV. Congrats. It still probably costs you $4.00+ a day to go to work. (thats $4.00 X 5 X5= $80+) not counting any and all other driving you do, nor counting your car payment, and car insurance. and maybe thats fine for you. Many people do not own a SUV and live under a 10 mile commute.

If someone comes into this forum and says: Hi been employed 8 years as a CRNA, income is about $400,000 a year with no student loan debt, mortgage of $2,800 a month with HOA included, uts about $300, other revolving debt about $1000 a month and a credit score of about 835, and a emergencey fund of $500,000+ and want to buy a Hyundai Equus where should I go what should I do- You know what I am not going to question the purchase. I may easily cheer them on in that case.

But I am not a mindless cheerleader. Unless you are my boss, manager, employer, or write my schedule.

Message 8 of 11
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

usmc, I was going to ignore your post but since you made such a lengthy response, I think I owe you a retort.

The reason I feel you trolled my forums is in hind sight the same reason many might think that.  You said it yourself... credit advice.  You disregarded my previous statement idicating that I was approved for way more than I needed/wanted.  You made the indication that I was careless with money and I would go crazy and use all 36000 dollars... that shows not ignorance, but the inability to read what I had already posted... maybe you like to type?  I already stated I didn't need nearly that much... even if I didn't, it is none of your business.

Secondly, I never said I wanted advice on ANYTHING to do with my purchase itself, rather the financing.  When people come to these forums you automatically assume they have credit problems?  Again, not showing ignorance, however the inability to step back and read... what forum was this posted in?  AUTO LOANS.. not "Rebuilding Credit."  I have a good credit score... why would I want your advice on gas prices as they relate to my credit worthiness?

Thirdly... you have no idea my financial situation.  You said don't ask you for financial advice... well I didn't... I never ever asked you for financial advice.  NEVER have I asked ANYONE for FINANCIAL advice.  This is a thread about a loan and the mixed reviews it's received.  Oh... and you complained about that yet you GAVE FINANCIAL ADVICE when it was not wanted....  I have a DTI ratio of 11 % if you must know.. .yes... 11%.  I'm fully aware of what I need to be able to afford this car.  Again, I NEVER ASKED FOR YOUR ADVICE ON THE PURCHASE OF MY CAR ITSELF OR THE PRICE OF GAS.... You even said you don't know if I have 3 kids, 3 dogs, etc... then stop inputting your "wisdom" when no one was asking for it.

And your line that roughly said "You never told us why you needed an SUV with 4 dollars a gall gas".....  Ummm.... again, not stupidity.... I don't think, but I think maybe boredom and you're typing so fast you don't read what you're responding to.  This again is the AUTO LOANS forum... I'm not in a forum about poor spending habbits.

Bottom line, you were out of line, I think you should just respond to what people are asking about... if you can't do that, maybe don't respond?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pritchardhallhokie wrote:

usmc, I was going to ignore your post but since you made such a lengthy response, I think I owe you a retort. Really a "retort" did you recently watch Pulp Fiction?

The reason I feel you trolled my forums is in hind sight the same reason many might think that.  You said it yourself... credit advice.  You disregarded my previous statement idicating that I was approved for way more than I needed/wanted.  You made the indication that I was careless with money and I would go crazy and use all 36000 dollars... that shows not ignorance, but the inability to read what I had already posted... maybe you like to type?  I already stated I didn't need nearly that much... even if I didn't, it is none of your business.

1- I respond to a lot of posts in this forum.

2- I made caution to you not to go overboard.

3- I have said before and I will say again: the text in these forums is searchable by Google within 72 hours of their post. So many of my answers in addition to being specific to you are also tempered with a bit of general knowledege answer so anyone coming after you say next month will not take advice given specifically to you. As I have said these forums are open to everyone.

4- You made it everyone's business the minute you came into this forum and posted a question.By default someone could have come along and asked you if you liked bassethounds. If you do not want yourself open to the public maybe you should not be in a publc forum.

5- Telling your employer or Doctor you have diabetes gives you a right to privacy. Telling a casual friend you work with opens you up to anyone with an opinion on it.

Secondly, I never said I wanted advice on ANYTHING to do with my purchase itself, rather the financing.  When people come to these forums you automatically assume they have credit problems?  In general that is the situation. If they were not having peoblems they would get their vehicle. Again, not showing ignorance, however the inability to step back and read... what forum was this posted in?  AUTO LOANS.. not "Rebuilding Credit."  I have a good credit score... why would I want your advice on gas prices as they relate to my credit worthiness? Advice freely given is free. And you are welcome to make whatever decision you want. And if you think that I am the only person in this forum, or heck on this board that has given, will give, or is giving advice or info contrary to the OP, you really have not read this board much.

I have really not encountered too many people with outstanding credit scores and perfect credit that use a CAPITAL ONE CHECK. Oh you do not have perfect credit you have a judgement.

Thirdly... you have no idea my financial situation.  You said don't ask you for financial advice... well I didn't... I never ever asked you for financial advice.  NEVER have I asked ANYONE for FINANCIAL advice.  This is a thread about a loan and the mixed reviews it's received.  Oh... and you complained about that yet you GAVE FINANCIAL ADVICE when it was not wanted....  I have a DTI ratio of 11 % if you must know.. .yes... 11%.  I'm fully aware of what I need to be able to afford this car.  Again, I NEVER ASKED FOR YOUR ADVICE ON THE PURCHASE OF MY CAR ITSELF OR THE PRICE OF GAS.... You even said you don't know if I have 3 kids, 3 dogs, etc... then stop inputting your "wisdom" when no one was asking for it. Then do not come into a public forum.

And your line that roughly said "You never told us why you needed an SUV with 4 dollars a gall gas".....  Ummm.... again, not stupidity.... I don't think, but I think maybe boredom and you're typing so fast you don't read what you're responding to.  This again is the AUTO LOANS forum... I'm not in a forum about poor spending habbits.

To many your actions can be considered poor spending habits. I simply want to see the whole picture. If you have come into the auto loans forum you are looking for financial advice.

Bottom line, you were out of line, I think you should just respond to what people are asking about... if you can't do that, maybe don't respond?

Its really not your call.

You have made 206 posts.

On subjects like:

What CC pulls ONLY Experian (BTW a high 600 score is not great)

Should I just keep applying?

Capital One Blank Check Approval - Questions about pricing 
In need of your help! (you are renting a car because you cannot buy one that kinda says you have credit problems.)

49cc Scooter? (and this is your text from the post: Just curious...  when looking for bad credit loans for cars, )

So I would think I am justified to think you have credit issues and challenges.

BY ASKING YOU QUESTIONS LIKE: DO YOU NEED  A NEW SUV OR YOUR INCOME OR DTI OR WHATEVER  WE CAN HELP YOU MORE AND MAYBE GUIDE YOU TO BETTER CHOICES.

This is all opinions here.

We are not your employees.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.