Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Delay

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Delay

Applied for blank check Friday to have an offer in hand for the dealer to beat. Instant approval pending a call back to verify identity. Did that and they said it was approved pending internal review. They said I did not need to send proof of income or anything else. Still nothing from them. What exactly are they doing?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Delay

I have no, idea. I was pre-approved a couple of times over the summer and a dealership even called me but when it was time to apply, I was declined! What are you scores and did the review finally end?

Message 2 of 4
jbee
Regular Contributor

Did they tell you why you were declined?

3/1/10: TU: 615, EQ: 640, EX: ???
6/8/10 (LO pulled): TU: 704, EQ: 689, EX: 694
Goal Score by Oct. 1: TU: 750, EQ: 750, EX: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP here. I forgot my password and the info I made up to register. Ridiculous what they want to post on a forum.

So they final approved after 4 days with nothing more than what I already said. Letter said TU ~695. 10 points lower than Discover was at the start of the month, and should be around 720-730 if I had paid off my maxed 0% credit cards (have the cash, want the interest, and wasn't planning on buying before year end.)

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.