cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One: Do they report if less than 30 days late on auto loan?

tag
nhlbluesgirl
Valued Member

Capital One: Do they report if less than 30 days late on auto loan?

Has anyone had an experience with Capital One auto loans? My next payment is due June 28th, but I won't be able to pay it until July 13th (just over 2 weeks late). Will that affect my credit score, or will it not get reported since it isn't 30 days late? I'm working on rebuilding my credit, but ran into some unexpected expenses. Smiley Frustrated

FICO 8 as of 1/8/2022:

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One: Do they report if less than 30 days late on auto loan?

They can not report it unless it is 30 days late, which would be on July 28th, so if you pay on July 13th it will still say ok on your credit report. You may have to pay a late fee with capital one though. I don't know if you know this or not but you can go to your account online and change the due date as well. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have an auto loan with Capital One. I'm often late on my payment. I know this isn't smart-it's what happens when you are in the middle of a lawsuit. However, I always make my payment before 30 days past and it's always reported as paid on my credit report. Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 5
EddieK
Established Contributor

@nhlbluesgirl wrote:

Has anyone had an experience with Capital One auto loans? My next payment is due June 28th, but I won't be able to pay it until July 13th (just over 2 weeks late). Will that affect my credit score, or will it not get reported since it isn't 30 days late? I'm working on rebuilding my credit, but ran into some unexpected expenses. Smiley Frustrated

It shouldn't, but I'd call them up and see if they can make an exception this month and adjust your due date.  Better to be proactive with this situation, usually they'd like to work with you on any hardship issues.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 4 of 5
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

For sure you won't, I did many times CAP 1 ( as recent as this year).
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.