Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Pre-Approval???

tag
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Pre-Approval???

I am jumping the gun, as I have yet to recieve the money I plan on using for the down payment of my new car.

However, I think it is a good idea to go to the dealership already knowing what it is I am qualified for to avoid a lot of inquiries and headaches. 

Capital One has a really well put together site and the places that Ive shopped online for my car are all accepted!

Is this an okay idea? Should I wait? Either way I am going to have to go for a loan, so why not do it on my own and know EXACTLY what i have to work with ahead of time???

What do you think?

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Pre-Approval???

Won't hurt to start looking at your next car up close and personal.  Just don't give the dealer any personal info so they don't start putting inquiries on your credit report.  They don't need to run your credit to show you a car.  Car salesmen are the worlds greatest salesmen so don't feel pressured to do something you may regret later. Just tell them you are a cash buyer!   Good luck!   One more thing......you will not be trading in your car.

Message 2 of 6
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Thanks namvet!

So you think getting my own pre-approval would be wise? No trade, just DP.

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 3 of 6
namvet
Established Contributor

Yes a pre-approval would be wise.  If you have a trade just don't tell the salesman about it until you have your funds and are ready to buy.  Lots of reasons why but no need to go into that here.

Message 4 of 6
JJ2005
Established Member

I did it.. Worked for me... Applied Monday, purchased Tuesday... No hassle...

Message 5 of 6
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

AWESOME! THANKS GUYS!!!!!

Wow one day turn around...THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!!!! WHOOP WHOOOOP!!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.