Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Question

tag
sparker256
Established Member

Capital One Question

So I filled out a capital one pre-approval auto loan on their website on Friday (June 12, 2015) and got the message that they had to further review my application and I would be contacted soon. Well I didnt hear anything all weekend but thought nothing of it because officer hours are normally closed. As I was searching around on Tuesday (June 16, 2015)  I decided to give them a call and see what the status was. Initially I got an automated answer that my application was pending. I decided to go ahead and press 0 for customer service. The nicest CSR answered and said that because I used Google Chrome to fill out the application all the information was not coming through and she asked me if I could use Internet Explorer to fill out a new app. I agreed because it claims to have no affect on your credit score. Well when I filled it out this time I got the following response: 

"Congratulations! You're eligible for an Auto Navigator pre-qualification offer!

We need to verify additional information before we can proceed. Please call...Customer service" blah blah

Has anyone ever received this message? What could they be needing to verify? I would call the customer service but its after business hours. I intend to call them tomorrow but maybe I can get a response tonight as for what to expect. 

Also is it possible to qualify for the "pre-qualification" then be denied the actual application?

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 645,614,617
Goal Score: 650's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Question

They likely want income verification, so things like pay stubs or W2s. Its normal practice.

Yes you can be denied after being pre-approved. Usually its if you inflate application and documents dont match what they are needing to verify.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.