Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital Ove Auto Finance Income Verification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital Ove Auto Finance Income Verification

I'm pre-approved for $34,500 through Capital One Auto Financing. I would assume they want income verication. Any idea how far back they will want to verify for? I recently (2 months ago) got a promotion at work, and curious how many months they will want oincome verification for.

Thanks, 

Pizza

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital Ove Auto Finance Income Verification

I think it really depends on the company you work for. They were able to do verification with my company through a software application they have, which they actually told me what I made. If you're concerned about it you can call them, they were pretty awesome with me.

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm pre-approved for $34,500 through Capital One Auto Financing. I would assume they want income verication. Any idea how far back they will want to verify for? I recently (2 months ago) got a promotion at work, and curious how many months they will want oincome verification for.

Thanks, 

Pizza

Message 2 of 26
Raziel77
Regular Contributor

I applied with Cap one preapproval, they never asked for income verification. I went to the dealership with my ID and the approval letter and got out with a car from them.

My dad did the preapproval with them too but he received an email asking for paystub document, the email explained that it is preferred to submit it online before going to the dealership.

My impression is that if they don’t ask you for income verification docs in the preapproval “soft pull” then they wouldn’t need it at the time of purchase. That’s what I think “my $0.02”

TU: 738
EQ: 721
EX: 732 Plus score
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

On my pre-approval letter there is a section that says required documents, and income verification was crossed out. When I called in they stated they already had my verified income, so guess they have a way to pull it from my employer.  Check your pre-approval might be the same thing.

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

It says "at this time we do not need any documents from you".
Message 5 of 26
elim
Senior Contributor

My GF uploaded 1 pay stub and went car shopping successfully. She had a low limit Cap1 Plat at the time.

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores generally determine the level of documentation needed.  700 or more and you don't normally need anything, as the scores approach the lower 600's you will likley need to provide a couple of paystubs.  

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call the 800 number for auto navigator, there is a robo lady that will tell you what documents have already been provided. If proo of income is already been recieved I would asusme they will not ask for it and they have verfied it electronically.

@Anonymous wrote:
It says "at this time we do not need any documents from you".

Message 8 of 26
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Cap One gave me 2.49% for 72 months with $0 down and a $40k preapproval.

I bought a new car (wife) and never asked for any paperwork.  

I had less than 700 score and a BK from a few years ago.

I do put $5k per month through Cap One Venture though.

If you put cash down, they may not ask for anything.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an approval last year with mid-600s; 34k approval with no income verification required
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.