Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one auto

tag
glepurple
Established Member

Capital one auto

Does anyone know which bureau cap one pulls from for auto loans?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AtlantaWill30339
New Contributor

Re: Capital one auto

IME, cap1 pulls all 3 for auto loans and credit cards
Message 2 of 7
glepurple
Established Member

ok thanks

Message 3 of 7
ambivalent
Established Contributor

@AtlantaWill30339 wrote:
IME, cap1 pulls all 3 for auto loans and credit cards

+1.  They pulled all 3 for me on my refi

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 4 of 7
glepurple
Established Member

I have one more question if anyone can answer...i plan on applying for an auto loan through various lenders in a couple of months. I pulled my fico scores on here which were ex 633 eq 603 tu 661 (these scores are two months old as well except tu) I always have applied for loans with my cu and they always pull tu. So i wasn't worried about the other scores. I think a big factor involving difference in scores is that my cu doesnt report all of my accounts to all three bureaus. The main thing i am concerned with is my revolving credit as i don't have a single account that reports to all three bureaus. I wasn't concerned at first because i only planned on applying to my credit union. But after joining this board i realized that it is best to shop around and i would like to get my scores up. So should i apply for a new cc that reports to all three bureaus or just stay the course of paying down my ut only to apply to my cu only?

Message 5 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@glepurple wrote:

I have one more question if anyone can answer...i plan on applying for an auto loan through various lenders in a couple of months. I pulled my fico scores on here which were ex 633 eq 603 tu 661 (these scores are two months old as well except tu) I always have applied for loans with my cu and they always pull tu. So i wasn't worried about the other scores. I think a big factor involving difference in scores is that my cu doesnt report all of my accounts to all three bureaus. The main thing i am concerned with is my revolving credit as i don't have a single account that reports to all three bureaus. I wasn't concerned at first because i only planned on applying to my credit union. But after joining this board i realized that it is best to shop around and i would like to get my scores up. So should i apply for a new cc that reports to all three bureaus or just stay the course of paying down my ut only to apply to my cu only?

This might be one of those situations where it makes sense to obtain additional revolving tradelines, so that you have at least two revolving accounts showing on all CRAs.   FICO revolving utilization likes to see several open accounts, and ideally you'd want one card to report utilization <9% whilst other cards report zero balances.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 7
glepurple
Established Member

Okay thanks
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.