Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one blank check approved!!!!

tag
jllunas
Contributor

Capital one blank check approved!!!!

I just got approved for a  capital one blank check for $21.000. I am looking to get a smaller car because of gas prices being so high did the application online, then I received an email to call them to verify some info and was approved. I am putting down 2500 on a hopefully 16,000 dollar car. My interest rate will be 4.25%. They said they will mail me a check within 5 business days. Has any one else purchased a car this way? And was it fairly easy?

Transunion 698
Equifax 713
Experian 700
Goal Score 750
HWLBA
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: Capital one blank check approved!!!!

Congrats! There are plenty of threads on the board regarding this subject.  From what I've read about it most readers haven't had any real issues with it.  I'm waiting on my discharge so hopefully I can take advantage of this as well.

Message 2 of 9
jllunas
Contributor

Our bankruptcy was discharged not along ago, it has taken me a long time to get to this point again. This is my next step to buying a home next year. I hope. But you will get there soon to, IM sure. Thanks !

Transunion 698
Equifax 713
Experian 700
Goal Score 750
HWLBA
Message 3 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the loan! I used a blank check through Capital One, but it was back in 2007 before they got strict on where you could use it.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 9
jllunas
Contributor

Thanks everyone, I just checked and they have allot of dealerships who participate. I was very surprised almost all the dealerships around me are on there list.

Transunion 698
Equifax 713
Experian 700
Goal Score 750
HWLBA
Message 6 of 9
diabla
Regular Contributor

Congrats!  Yes there are lots of "blank check" users here!  I am considering them in the next week or two so I've been searching and reading here.  Haven't read anything negative yet!  So go for it and enjoy!

Message 7 of 9
jllunas
Contributor

I will let everyone know when I get the check how my car shopping experience goes.

Transunion 698
Equifax 713
Experian 700
Goal Score 750
HWLBA
Message 8 of 9
jllunas
Contributor

Ok folks. I just signed up online for my capital one blank check sale to make my monthly car payments. The sale went very easy with the blank check but the dealer seemed like they were not to exited to really take it. They kept pushing me to let them find me a credit union at a lower rate but I declined. As far as using the check. I just signed it wrote in the amount and signed the papers that's it I would definitely do this again.( 2012 3.86% interest. Not to bad.)

Transunion 698
Equifax 713
Experian 700
Goal Score 750
HWLBA
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.