Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol One Problems

tag
netowr4850
New Visitor

Capitol One Problems

I applied for the blank check on 7/3 was approved for amount and rate, rep told me that I could shop, and I would recieve my check package in a few days. I uploaded my documents, and all that was needed was employment verification. I called Friday 7/5 and they were still waiting for employment verification, ok I thought. No word  Saturday so Monday 7/8 I called Captiol One, and they state I was declined because they could not verify my employment. I callled my HR rep, and she stated that someone called being very vague stating they needed to verify my info. So HR thought it was a scam. I asked Capitol one to re-open approval they said no I would have to re aplly so I do , and declined. So what shows up Monday my blank check package...Wow any help....

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Capitol One Problems

Well if Capital One says it was denied then I would guess that the blank check would be rejected if you attempted to use it at the dealer. If you know what interest rate that you were tentatively set for then you could go to a dealership and tell them that you have that rate available and see if they can match or beat it. If they can't then you could go back to Capital One and reapply, and give HR a heads up about the employment info call coming.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 8
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

Cap One Smiley Mad

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 3 of 8
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@OptimalCS wrote:

Cap One Smiley Mad

Uhhhhhhhhhh He said Cap One hu hu hu hu. Yeah The Great Cap One! he he he he he Cool!

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 4 of 8
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

Evil Crapital One:

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 5 of 8
coterotie
Established Contributor

We had a similar problem.  Couldn't get my wife to make up her mind on a car.  So the blank check expired.  Tried to get it back, they said re-apply.  I did, the extra inquiry dropped her score so they raised the rate by 3%.  They wouldn't let us use the old rate.  So we just didn't buy a new car.

Message 6 of 8
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

go shop another financial institution.

Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What was your score they said you had?

What rate and amount?

What do you want to buy?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.