cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captialone Auto Loan is it easy to get approve?

tag
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Captialone Auto Loan is it easy to get approve?

I currently have cap1 secured card and also Orchard unsecured which is now cap1, I was thinking about auto loan through cap1 but should I wait to get re-built my credit and get a pre-approval letter from them or should I go ahead and apply? Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Captialone Auto Loan is it easy to get approve?

What are your scores? I can't see them on my iPhone.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 22
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Oh, and how long have you had each card? Any lates? Util? How many inquiries do you have and when did they occur? What is your gross income and what are you looking to purchase?
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 3 of 22
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

They approved me with a score in the low 600s, only had one credit card that was a couple months old. I had a lot of recent 30 day lates too on my last auto loan.

Message 4 of 22
jllunas
Contributor

Capital one is one of the easier banks to give out an auto loan. When we had our bankruptcy discharged in 2009, 6 months later they approved us for a 20,000 dollar used car loan but the interest rate was 10.85%. 7 months later we refinanced with our local credit union for 2.9%. So it would not hurt to try it just depending on your credit score its going to determine your interest rate.

Transunion 698
Equifax 713
Experian 700
Goal Score 750
HWLBA
Message 5 of 22
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@jllunas wrote:

Capital one is one of the easier banks to give out an auto loan. When we had our bankruptcy discharged in 2009, 6 months later they approved us for a 20,000 dollar used car loan but the interest rate was 10.85%. 7 months later we refinanced with our local credit union for 2.9%. So it would not hurt to try it just depending on your credit score its going to determine your interest rate.

I wouldn't say they were easy to get approved for. I had a credit card with them for two years and when I app'd for a auto loan with them, they denied it on top of three credit pulls. My FICO at the time was around 720 but my auto enhanced score was 640 I think...

I've never had any late payments. My only problem was that I had never had a car loan before. Lol.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 6 of 22
jllunas
Contributor

Wow that's strange, my wife and I both were approved through them with no problems .

Transunion 698
Equifax 713
Experian 700
Goal Score 750
HWLBA
Message 7 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Capital One Auto is nowhere close to the easiest of lenders to obtain an auto loan with, actually their approvals seem to be all over the map.  It might be the first-time buyer issue as MountainHiker suggests, I never tracked it that closely, but there are some folks that reported being denied here that just left me scratching my head.

I know I won't ever try for an auto loan through them again regardless of what my credit situation cleans up to be, I just don't know where I stand with them as a lender and have no interest in finding out the hard way but admittedly I'm a little particular in that regard and auto loans when applied for together, only count as one from the FICO side of things... wouldn't cost me anything to find out whenever I next shop for a car loan, but bleh.  

        
Message 8 of 22
jllunas
Contributor

Well when my wife applied they approved her right away, when I applied I did not get approved right away, Then they called me about 15 minutes later to verify my identity and they approved me for a 3% interest loan on a 2012. Hmm. I was a year in a half out of bankruptcy, i wonder if thats why the approved me.It's been easy for me.

Transunion 698
Equifax 713
Experian 700
Goal Score 750
HWLBA
Message 9 of 22
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

What was the auto enhanced score that pulled for approval?
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.