Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Dealer Question.

tag
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Car Dealer Question.

In June 2015, a Missouri dealership group ran my information 8 times with lenders. I did not know until the deal went south and I purchased from another dealer who only had one inquiry. I confronted the first dealer and have yet to hear anything. Is there a way I can get these off my report?

I have learned a lesson to bring my own financing to a dealership or cash.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

Re: Car Dealer Question.

This happened a year ago, those inquiries won't hurt as much now as they did back then. Trying to get them removed now might be very difficult if at all possible.
I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ +1.

Inquiries only affect your FICO score for one year, although they may appear in the list on your report for two.

And if they were all done in the same 2 or 3 weeks, and all coded as auto lending inquiries, they have a combined effect just the same as if the only one on there was the one that ulitmately went through - the scoring effect of a series of inquiries made for the purposes of securing a large loan such as an auto loan are scored together, and generally ahve very little or no actual effect on your scores.  I had 23 with my last car purchase in March, and my scores are higher now than they were then - no points lost on inquiries at all.

No point in spending time and energy on them.

Message 3 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

At this point I agree with the above responses. They probably have run their course as far as how many points you're losing and with a year left before they fall off, it just might not be worth the hassle.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 6
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Thanks for comments on this. The installment loan overall has helped my credit score. I am rebuilding and will work to accelerate the payoff. Less time in the loan equals less interest.
Message 5 of 6
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Agreed...good advice.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.