Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Dealership rip off from trade in

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Car Dealership rip off from trade in

My husband and I had a 2010 Dodge Journey and we needed more room for our family so we traded it in for a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban at Affordable Auto Sales in San Antonio, Texas. The whole time for 60+ days that they had our Journey and we already had the suburban they neglected to pay off the loan we had thru Wells Fargo Dealer Services. I kept calling and calling telling them they needed to take care of that so that it didn't effect our credit. Well, I have a credit monitoring service and after the 60 day mark of the loan not being paid off I watch my credit drop over 100 points! I am now dealing with the owner, Muhammad, who says he is taking care of it but I don't know if this is to be true. The negative info is still on my credit report and it's hurting us because we are trying to move AND get a new car because the car they sold us is in and out of the shop. As I speak right now it is broken down in the shop and I am in a loaner car! I need this information off of my credit and they are the ones that are responsible for it and it should have never went this far!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
electra
Established Contributor

Re: Car Dealership rip off from trade in

I would contact Wells and verify the loan was paid. If it hasn't been, you could get sued or have another ding once it's sold to a CA.   Explain what happened and see if they will give you GW removal.  

Also, contact the BBB.  And..looks like that dealer has a FB page. Friend them and post your experience. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did eventually pay it. But after 60 days. Like maybe they waited for it to hit collections and then pay less?? I don't know. They just took forever to pay it and now it's on my credit report.
Message 3 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

+1

Facebook page and BBB.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed a complaint thru BBB. And they don't have a regular fb page. I have to send a friend request and they know me very well. I call all the time and I go up there. I'm thinking about seeing how much a lawyer will cost for the situation.
Message 5 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

For your next car I would recommend you purchase something like this: http://www.nissanusa.com/suvs/armada

Seeing that you bought a suburban. You must not be worried about gas mileage, but just need a big car. The vehicle in the link above would fit that bill. You can probably find one out of warranty for a third the price used. Or one just barely still under warranty for about half the price. I think if properly maintained, the vehicle should get to 200k on the odometer. Likely much better than an american SUV. If you can afford to go new, you can probably get $10k off MSRP. Bad gas mileage vehicles are hard to move these days.

In the future, try to avoid small lots, stick to manufacture branded lots. (They have a 1-800 number at a corporate office to call) Also, try to get a newer car than your last purchase. Going backwards generally causes problems with break downs.

Good luck on your car hunt and major head ache.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 6 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I see they joined Facebook 5 months ago, and only have 9 likes. Probably won't get too far there.

https://www.facebook.com/AFFORDABLEATUOSALESTX?fref=ts

No Yelp activity either. Looks like a sketchy place. Checked out the inventory on their website. All of their vehicles are high mileage auction cars.

You may need a lawyer Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well we did need a big car. I have guardianship over my sister and I have two kids, and there is my husband. We also had my husbands cousin and her two kids with us at the time. But my sister is about to move out because she's almost 18 and my husbands cousin and kids are gone so we were gonna move onto a truck. Preferably dodge. I was considering a lawyer because I am clueless of what I can do or how to do it. I know they did us wrong and it's their fault for not paying the car off but I don't know how to approach it other than what I have already done :/
Message 8 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Yeah, you may need an attorney. If the dealer failed to pay off your auto loan in a timely agreed upon matter. They are liable for the damages it did to your credit report.

Message 9 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

If you don't have a bunch of people to haul around for awhile. Just get a small reliable car. Again, preferably not american. You can be as patriotic as you'd like, but that won't help you when you are stranded on the side of the road. 

A low mileage dodge with a diesel will have a bit of reliability, but they are expensive and costly to drive. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.