Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Hop?

tag
gul1
New Contributor

Re: Car Hop?

They are super shady but I guess the only place that would give her a car loan. Her van is going to cost her about $11000!!! She is paying $375 a month for it, 2 1/2 year loan. $11k for an 1998 van with 160 K miles on it. I checked on craigslist and most dealers sell them for about $3K. I just hope it lasts her a few years..

Message 11 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Omg what a rip off!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 19
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

They really are abusing people there

Message 13 of 19
gul1
New Contributor

I totally agree.

Message 14 of 19
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I feel for her.  Karma is a b*&% to shady people like that.  Prayers to your friend and her family.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Car hop is the worse place to buy a car! They won't honor the repairs they say they will! They'll claim " mechanical neglect" !! DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THE ONE IN GREELEY!
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i was in the same situation had to buy one from them got a salvage vehicle that was only worth a couple of hundred dollars and paid 265.00 a month for 4 years plus about 2000.00 in repairsplus it was one that they picked out for me i couldnt pick one out either on top of it , they been kicked out of a lot of states for taking advantage of people that are poor and cant get a regular car loan

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently quite working for CarHop I can tell you for sure I wouldn't buy a vehicle there. UNLESS you get approved for anything on the lot. Then you still have to find a vehicle That is worth the cost. I sold a close to 100 cars in just a few months. They WILL fix what they say they will which is internal engine damage, transmission failure, fuel pump water pump timing belt and that's about it. But if you can't get approved at CarHop no one will approve you. Lowest down payments I have ever seen
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just out of curiosity, what is a low income in this case? Having 4 kids means no job?  I am not familiar with foodtamps.

How is she paying rent at all? Utilities? 

I make 2k net/mo, and I would never pay 375 for a car, pus insurance and gas? That is an easy$500/mo. Not to mention repairs?

My $210 /mo carpayment on a 2014 jetta is still high for me, and so far I had 0$ cost for repairs, but I have a feeling the first oil change I have to pay for is going to be a hit on my finances...

Is she doing this alone, or with someone who has a somewhat better income?

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.