cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Lease Tiers and just how easy they are!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Car Lease Tiers and just how easy they are!

Wanted to just summarize some results from my friend car leasing this past week since I constantly see "Will I be approved?" on here... Really you should just start asking, how much extra will it cost me to have bad credit, because it takes EXTREMES to not get approved at least at some terrible level!!!

We started at VW 565 EX and 622 TU - They only use EX or lowest score pulled supposedly... it was approved at Tier D (VW Lowest) Tier A to B and B to C is only about $25/month extra per tier but from C to D was a full $100/month cost difference so if he moved forward with the lease he would have added $150/ month to any lease for bad credit.

Volvo: They were actually the only ones that couldn't get an approval before we decided to just lease something else.

Hyundai didn't get back to us quickly enough but didn't sound like approval would have been the issue.

Mercedes: He came in at a Tier 4 which was $58/month more than tier 1 but along with the extra tier costs he didn't get nearly the discounts I would have expected so I think the cost was actually closer to $125/month all said and done.  They also use EX and they pulled 567 and TU 637.  He leased a 2016 GLC loaner car (considered new still and just has 6k miles) with ZERO DOWN!

The reason for the zero down is because he is extremely upside down in his current car and finally Mercedes said they could get him approved if he just took the car to carmax and handled the negative equity directly so that's what we are doing.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Car Lease Tiers and just how easy they are!

That's very interesting.  Thanks for sharing.  Will the lease now help your friend's credit situation?

Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

It probably will because I believe the total lease payments will be less than his car loan so debt ratio will be lower but I don't think it will be a big big help. He just needs some time now... All the baddies are paid and new credit established. Time is all he needs now
Message 3 of 5
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
It probably will because I believe the total lease payments will be less than his car loan so debt ratio will be lower but I don't think it will be a big big help. He just needs some time now... All the baddies are paid and new credit established. Time is all he needs now

I am actually looking to finance or lease a car next September (2017), do you know your friends stats? AAoA etc? 

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

AA is bad
Recently settled collections
High util at the moment from moving recently.

They called him a weak 637 vs a strong 637 if using TU
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.