Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Loan Not Accurate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Car Loan Not Accurate

Hello, sorry if this has been posted before but I did a quick search and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. If this has been answered on here and someone could point me in that direction it would be great.

To make a long story short, I'm working on rebuilding my credit after destroying it as a teenager. I have it up now into the mid-high Fair range (depending on where it pulls from). Still have some work to do. My question is, on every report I see it shows my car loan as $2,000 higher than what it actually is. The reasoning for this is the bank had insurance on it mistakenly so I got it removed a few months ago. Is there a way to get that to show on my report sooner rather than later? I was told having the balance that high is hurting me. Is there anything I can do? Or do I just have to wait it out?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Car Loan Not Accurate

There is a few things i can think of.

1. Bank can report correct balance.
2. Dispute the amount with the credit bureaus, they will do an investigation, reach out to the parties and get the correct amount.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.