Douglass

Car Loan Not on Credit Report...Advice please!

Hey guys!

In 2005 I bought a new car and got a loan for almost the whole price of the car and had five years to pay it.  The loan came from a bank.  I paid off the car in just under 5 years and was never late on a payment.  Right now I am seeking to raise my credit score to get a home (newly married).  My car loan and the payments I made are not on my credit report.

Would it raise my credit score to call the bank and have the record of the car payments be placed on my credit report or would that harm my credit or is does it matter?  If it would help my FICO I would definitely like to do it.

Thanks for your wisdom in advance!

Douglass

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Car Loan Not on Credit Report...Advice please!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}