Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Loan Offer

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Car Loan Offer

Yea KoolDev!

I wish everyone would do exactly as you are doing. There is huge profit for the dealer in these warranties that's why they lie. It is written as optional in the contract to warn consumers but the F&I guy is pretty good at trying to get you to sign without reading. (I always read paperwork - it drives them nuts, but I can't tell you how many times it has saved my bacon).

For anyone reading they should do exactly as you are doing KoolDev....get the refund. Apply it to your outstanding balance.

Message 11 of 17
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

Yea KoolDev!

I wish everyone would do exactly as you are doing. There is huge profit for the dealer in these warranties that's why they lie. It is written as optional in the contract to warn consumers but the F&I guy is pretty good at trying to get you to sign without reading. (I always read paperwork - it drives them nuts, but I can't tell you how many times it has saved my bacon).

For anyone reading they should do exactly as you are doing KoolDev....get the refund. Apply it to your outstanding balance.

You can buy it if you wish but ALWAYS makes sure there is a fee-less option to cancel!!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 12 of 17
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

No fee to cancel.   The business manager there today said the last guy was fired because of such practices.  I have to take the vehicle back to them Monday (when the wife gets back) so they can see the mileage and the remainder will be sent to the finance company and go towards the principal of the car.

so thats 700 (warranty was 1400) to take down the debt !

wooohooooo

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 13 of 17
Mikey41
Established Member

I called to collect something I forgot and another manager was like I heard you pulled out of the deal because you don't like he monthly payments. I explained to him that it's not that, it's the warranty being Forced upon me. He said comeback and they removed the warranty then offered me it for $600 instead of $2400. They were very sorry about how the other manager treated me.
Message 14 of 17
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

Thats awesome !   Like i told the guy today, if the original guy that processed the loan would have been honest, i might have got the warranty.  But, it Pi**** me off that he blantantly lied.

Good Job Mikey

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 15 of 17
Mikey41
Established Member

I did all my homework before buying this car. I was approved for $50 000 from my CU so I had many options.The sales manager and director apologized for everything that happened!
Message 16 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.