cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Loan Pre-payment Survey...NFCU, SDFCU, DCU, PenFed, Alliant CU etc.

tag
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

Car Loan Pre-payment Survey...NFCU, SDFCU, DCU, PenFed, Alliant CU etc.

Looking for an auto loan program where pre-payment pushes out the next due date.  

For example:

20k car loan, no downpayment, $350/month

Month 1: Pay down $4000.

Next payment becomes due late 2017.

I've confirmed over the phone with Navy Fed that payments push out.  Alliant confirmed that all prepayments go to principle and next payment does not push out.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Car Loan Pre-payment Survey...NFCU, SDFCU, DCU, PenFed, Alliant CU etc.

Chase pushes out the payment. Or you can have it apply to the principal if you direct it in the online portal. You didn't ask about them, but I thought I would add that here for others.

Message 2 of 5
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

Chase pushes out the payment. Or you can have it apply to the principal if you direct it in the online portal. You didn't ask about them, but I thought I would add that here for others.

Did not know that, thanks for the info...

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 3 of 5
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

Thank you for that!  I ended up at Subaru and learned they go through Chase.  I figure one additional pull was not going to be too bad so I went with it.  Turns out they beat the rate with NavyFed so I went with them!  2.74% for 72mo.

Hopefully we can get more responses to the thread as well.

Message 4 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on your new car! I paid off my Chase auto loan - but their servicing of the loan was terrific - no issues whatsoever. I paid in advance and sometimes applied it to the principal balance, but usually just let them push out the payment (that is the standard option). I like that you can control which way you want it to go for that particular payment. Smiley Happy  Have fun with your new ride!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.