Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Paid Off!!

tag
monaarts_hotmail
Established Member

Car Paid Off!!

Last year my car started to have transmission problems so I started shopping around for a new vehicle. I bought a brand new, 2012 Honda Accord EX-L on April 24, 2012 for a relatively cheap price of $21,500 - and took out a loan of $17,760. I've been browsing these forums for almost a year and have taken a lot of advice from you guys and applied it to my life. With that said, I literally just put my last car payment in the mail!!!! Hopefully I will have the title for a 16.5 month old car in my hand in the coming weeks! I just wanted to thank you all for your input (outside of those saying I should sell the car).  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Car Paid Off!!

SWWWEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!

Message 2 of 8
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

I just bought a 2011 Honda Accord EX black on black!

PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 3 of 8
monaarts_hotmail
Established Member

It's a great car and I love it.  My plan is to keep it for 7 years before buying a new car (so another 5.5 years from now).  And this is the last car I plan to take a loan out for, we are now saving cash to replace my wife's car in 3-4 years.  Not too bad for a 27 year old.  :-)

Message 4 of 8
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

It sounds like you have educated yourself very well in credit matters and are setting yourself up for a solid credit future. Wish I was as smart as you when I was 27.Smiley Very Happy Well, if they ever invent time travel.Smiley Tongue

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 8
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@monaarts_hotmail wrote:

Last year my car started to have transmission problems so I started shopping around for a new vehicle. I bought a brand new, 2012 Honda Accord EX-L on April 24, 2012 for a relatively cheap price of $21,500 - and took out a loan of $17,760. I've been browsing these forums for almost a year and have taken a lot of advice from you guys and applied it to my life. With that said, I literally just put my last car payment in the mail!!!! Hopefully I will have the title for a 16.5 month old car in my hand in the coming weeks! I just wanted to thank you all for your input (outside of those saying I should sell the car).  

I`d be very quiet saying you had a paid off car, and not jinx yourself. There are many idiots out there looking for a red light or stop sign to miss. Smiley Wink

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 6 of 8
monaarts_hotmail
Established Member

It's funny though...  A few years ago I was in a crappy situation.  I had several thousand dollars of bad stuff on my credit that I couldn't pay (medical bills, cell phone service, credit cards, etc.)  I finally decided I have to stop spending money on things if I ever wanted nicer things in life.  I paid off everything (good and bad) and made a promise to myself that I will never RELY on credit again.  Not that I won't use it, but I won't buy something anymore unless I can get a great rate (0% on my furniture for example) and I have the cash to pay it off.  It's been working pretty well the last 2 years that I've changed and I couldn't imagine going back to the way it was.

Message 7 of 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Awesome! I thought I was doing well with paying off my 60 month is 4 months. Way to go!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.