Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car loan approval with I?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Car loan approval with I?

Hello all, recently I went to apply for a 33k loan and was counter offered for 18k due to my limited cried history although having credit score of 

EQ: 728 TU: 746 EX: 735. I had 1 credit card for about a year and a couple months. 

Now, I wanted my dad to co sign since credit union said they can add him to my application and see if they lend me more 

but the thing is he has a overall credit score of 700ish (not sure on the exact number just have the ck score of 704)

but before he went bk he had awesome credit and he has about 14years credit history which I'm sure banks love. 

His only mark on his file is a bi back in April 2012 nothing else. He also has a few inquiries but no many due to him not wanting to apply for much in the last 3 years

he recently got approved for cap one card.

ive heard of other people getting approved for car loans even with bk so I wanted your guys thoughts.

maybe his and my credit in one app might finally get me that 33k I've been needing. 

Thank you guys for your time.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Car loan approval with I?

Only one way to find out. I would try adding him as a cosigner if I were you.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Car loan approval with I?

How friendly are credit union with people with bk but have an excellent credit history in this case over 14years 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.