cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car loan now shows secured loan after 30 dy late removal?

tag
wemmington
Valued Member

Car loan now shows secured loan after 30 dy late removal?

My car loan was with AM South Bank and at one point they sent me a payment voucher to skip a payment if I wanted because I was never late.  I mailed the voucher in place of my payment and they then reported a 30 day late on my credit file.  

After many phone calls I finally got AM South to write me a latter on company letterhead stating no 30 day late was made and they said they would send update to the credit bureau.    I found out that they never sent the letter to the credit bureau so I disputed with Equifax and Transunion and sent the letter from AM South to them as proof.  

I found out 2 weeks ago I lost my dispute and I think the reason is AM South was bought out by Regions bank and the letter I have is on AM South letterhead and all the contact phone numbers on the letterhead are disconnected. 

Long story short after about 10 calls to Regions they finally updated my credit report yesterday to show no late payments but the account type has now changed from "auto loan" to "secured loan". 

My question  is this, Is it better for my credit to have account type say secured loan or car loan?  

Should I call them and try to have it changed?  

I dont want to chance complaining about the account type and somehow they start reporting the 30 day late again but I am concerned that this could possibly affect a future car loan since I hear that car loans use a auto version of fico that can be greatly affected by previous car loans.  

Sorry for the long post   

Thanks

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.