Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car note reaches 72 months next month - but still owe $$$

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Car note reaches 72 months next month - but still owe $$$

Well, my last payment cleared the bank today. I'm glad to be done with it. I really tightened the belt and paid off about $3800 in total in April. My last payment was for $1350 and at the time of paying it, my online statement said my next payment wasn't due until November, 2009. Their accounting, especially online, was so screwy. I've been late many a time just because I was going off what their statement said. But aside from that, they never reported us late, when in fact we were. Kudos to them.

I pulled my 3-in-1 today and noticed that EX is reporting $0 just 2 days after the final payment. I'm eager to see how it impacts my FICO. Guess I have to wait until it updates to EQ next.
Message 11 of 13
laz98
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:
Well, my last payment cleared the bank today. I'm glad to be done with it. I really tightened the belt and paid off about $3800 in total in April. My last payment was for $1350 and at the time of paying it, my online statement said my next payment wasn't due until November, 2009. Their accounting, especially online, was so screwy. I've been late many a time just because I was going off what their statement said. But aside from that, they never reported us late, when in fact we were. Kudos to them.

I pulled my 3-in-1 today and noticed that EX is reporting $0 just 2 days after the final payment. I'm eager to see how it impacts my FICO. Guess I have to wait until it updates to EQ next.

capital one auto finance definitely has some screwy accounting.  can't figure it out to save my life.

Message 12 of 13
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:
Well, my last payment cleared the bank today. I'm glad to be done with it.

Congratulations!  It must be a good feeling having that behind you now!

Yes, definitely.  Please let us know of any FICO impact.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.