Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarMax = Ally Approved

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

CarMax = Ally Approved

So the update is we went through CarMax and Ally for the purchase of our 2011 Toyota Prius today!

Partners EX 784 (BLEEP!)

My EX 646 *Sad Face*

4.64% for 72 months (only option through carmax) $26,500 basically with GAP and taxes and $2k negative equity, $0 down... we did run with putting money down and it barely changed apr if at all so opted for none!

I'm hoping to refi in a couple months with Burbank City CU on my own.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: CarMax = Ally Approved

Congrats Creditaddict! 4.74% is honestly a pretty good rate, it certainly won't kill you with the interest like some 15% or 20% rates I see all the time. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
GooseGirl
Contributor

Congratulations! My youngest child says the Prius is the perfect car to own in case of a Zombie apocalypse. It's quiet so they won't hear you (except in reverse) and it will go forever so you will outlast all your buddies who have to stop for gas and then get eaten.

I imagine that probably wasn't one of the selling points you considered prior to your purchase but thought I would pass it along as a bonus "feature" of your new car Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 541 (lender pull July 2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO 673, TU08 648, EX FICO 654
Next Goal Score: 680
Message 3 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@GooseGirl wrote:

Congratulations! My youngest child says the Prius is the perfect car to own in case of a Zombie apocalypse. It's quiet so they won't hear you (except in reverse) and it will go forever so you will outlast all your buddies who have to stop for gas and then get eaten.

I imagine that probably wasn't one of the selling points you considered prior to your purchase but thought I would pass it along as a bonus "feature" of your new car Smiley Happy

LOL

Message 4 of 10
TATATA
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

So the update is we went through CarMax and Ally for the purchase of our 2011 Toyota Prius today!

Partners EX 784 (BLEEP!)

My EX 646 *Sad Face*

4.64% for 72 months (only option through carmax) $26,500 basically with GAP and taxes and $2k negative equity, $0 down... we did run with putting money down and it barely changed apr if at all so opted for none!

I'm hoping to refi in a couple months with Burbank City CU on my own.

Congratulations on your purchase! 4.64% is a high rate for someone with a FICO score of 784. You should try to refinance with your partner with LAFCU. You should qualify for 1.95% for 72 months. Burbank City CU is offering 2.65% for 72 months. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I will trying to refi with burbank in a few months and hopefully drop to 60 months too
Lafcu? They pull EX?
Message 6 of 10
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Just curious, but are you already upside down in the "new" car? Financing $26.5k on a almost 4yo Prius seems steep. I have never priced any Prius's but I wouldn't think they would be that much?
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 7 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:
Just curious, but are you already upside down in the "new" car? Financing $26.5k on a almost 4yo Prius seems steep. I have never priced any Prius's but I wouldn't think they would be that much?

I'd assume the $2500 taxes and $2k from our lease... So about $4500 I'd venture.

when I refi though I'll fix tha!

Message 8 of 10
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Hope it works out for you....either way if you're happy that's all that matters.

Congrats either way!
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 9 of 10
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@GooseGirl wrote:

And I counter your selling point with an anti-selling point of that Credit Addict just nerfed all of his gas cards. Smiley Tongue

His Discover IT is upcoming on 3 months of 5% back on gas but 5% back on $10 is only 50 cents! Smiley Very Happy

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.