Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chance of approval with Honda Financial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chance of approval with Honda Financial

It would be with the addition of the doc fees. I'm buying in another state so Arkansas sales tax won't be paid at the dealership, we are selling her car to cover these expenses and will pay when we tag the car. The ex also adds the 7 inch infotainment screen, Android auto/Apple car play, lane assist, push to start, and a few other features.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else have any input?

Message 12 of 16
lmoore1989

I'd say your chances are very good. I was approved for a Burgundy Night Pearl EX with a 595 score, 24% dti. My income is a bit higher though, around 4,000 a month. Out the door price was 21,435 and got a 3.9% interest rate. Surprised the heck out of me with a low rate like that, but hey I certainly didn't fuss about it. Apparenly after speaking with the F&I guy anything over 680 or so gets their best rates. Another tip, DO NOT buy the honda care warranty from them. Buy online from sacucchi honda, it's only 1000 for 8 years and 120,000 miles (cheapest price anywhere).

Message 13 of 16
lmoore1989

There are A LOT more differences. Remote and keyless start, 8inch touchscreen, apple car play, digital climate controls, brake hold assist, lane watch camera, multi-view rear angle camera, and LED strip for daytime running lights. The LX is a great value, but I think going for the EX would be a better decision, especially if financing for 6 years. The EX will make sure you never feel like you want more features than you have. 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for a new 2015 Honda Civic LX Coupe with less than 30 days after BK.  I have a high interest rate due to that but I was able to get about $3,000 taken off MSRP since the car had been sitting on the lot for more than 45 days.  It was a manager's special and the Finance guy had a good relationship with Honda Financial.  According to the Finance guy after a year of on time payments with Honda, I will be in good standing with Honda and eligible for those special deals.

So if I can get approved, I figure just about anyone can get approved, it depends upon the dealer and how willing they are to work with you to get financing.

Message 15 of 16
GalaxyStars
Regular Contributor

Tyler our credit profile is very similar and we are both in Arkansas. Even down to the income.

Eitherways keep us updated as I'm also in the market for a new vehicle and with our profiles being similar it would help.

Have you tried pre approval via Cap One or other banks prior to Honda?
I was pre approved via Capital One for a 20k auto loan with apr of 3.59.

I'm pretty sure you can get financing one way or another.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.