cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chance of getting an Auto Loan with foreclosure on credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chance of getting an Auto Loan with foreclosure on credit?

Would you guys happen to know what my chances of getting financed are? Without getting too much into detail, about 5 years ago, my parents mortgage was refinanced under my name (was 18 at the time). 3 years later we couldn't afford the payments, and the house went into foreclosure. We are now in the process of trying to finish a short sale *sigh*. Anywho i recently checked my credit report and still see the loan reporting as late.

I'm now 23, finished school. Have some student loans that i've never been late on. Have a credit card with 500 credit limit thats current. Make about 47k a year. According to my score watch my current fico score from equifax is 641. I have a down payment of 10k right now, looking to get an Acura TL with a pricetag of 27k. I've been denied in the past (about 2 years ago), i became very annoyed and haven't visited a dealer since. I've been trying my best to at least keep my credit clean so that i could someday finance a car. Sorry for the long rant, thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chance of getting an Auto Loan with foreclosure on credit?

Welcome to the forums.

Your file isn't pretty but the roughly 30% down (OTD price probably around 33k) you're not in terrible shape for approval.  I'd let the short-sale process finish, and then look at perhaps roadloans and dealer financing.  Honda financing probably won't touch you, but I was sitting at a 551 Auto EX score with a nasty tax lien reporting, and Wells approved me for similar loan value and down payment percentage.  It was an ugly rate (19.35%) but I got the car and am two full paychecks away from refinancing 7 months later.

        
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chance of getting an Auto Loan with foreclosure on credit?

Thanks for the reply Revelate, i am also a member of a credit union. Was thinking about trying them first. Maybe they would give me a lower rate.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.